JOB SUMMARY: Performs regular accounting functions including reviewing accrual methods and assumptions; financial reports and ad hoc reports; performs analysis and makes recommendations regarding accounting policy and practices to ensure consistency with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- As checks are received for various subsidiary businesses, verify their accuracy, enter them into the appropriate system, and prepare cash receipt entries to record receipt;
- Prepare daily cash entries based on daily bank statements and intercompany transactions.
- Enter cleared checks daily, reconcile bank statements monthly
- Ensuring all journal entries have been prepared and posted that you are responsible for
- Update budgets on sales for closing cost to ensure accurate margin projections
- Verify accuracy of closings and post sales vouchers as they occur
- Maintain Fixed Assets on spreadsheet/system
- Preparing reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts
- Work with operational divisions to ensure all transactions have been properly reflected in the financial statements
- Setup and maintain job master; various filing as assigned; we may add additional duties as needed
Accounts Payable processing:
- Review invoices for accuracy and code to hand off to AP for processing
- Enter manual and voided checks.
- Prepare variance analyses on expenses and communicate reasons for the variances to management.
- Prepare House Profit Analyses and review gross profit margins for each sales contract
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis as requested by management.
- BS in Accounting preferred or equivalent work experience and CPA certificate a plus
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP and experience in homebuilding industry a plus
- 2-4 years working for a public accounting firm OR 3-5 years working in Finance/Accounting
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong financial and accounting skills, as well as analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Lloyds Homebuilder Package or Brix knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and strong organizational skills.
- Must work 40 hours per week (during core business hours) with flexibility for longer hours as needed.
- Must conduct business in a professional and ethical manner to external business associates and coworkers to reinforce goodwill and profitability for the company.
If you are interested and qualified, please apply now. Legend Homes provides above average compensation packages and earnings potential, full benefits, an outstanding 401K matching program and promotional opportunities for qualified people. Legend Homes is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team. We at Legend work hard and love our team!